As my life has gotten busier, I realize that I need to organize better. Way back, I used lug around an Organizer. Life wasn't even that busy, yet I carried around my zipped Organizer with calendar, to do lists, address book, time line schedules, etc. Now my life is crazy, I expect to keep it all in my head. Why did I even think this was possible? Before I was only in charge of my own schedule. Now, I have two kids and two clients, plus my own companies which means I usually forget something. Mostly, I am on the verge of forgetting or stress about forgetting which is why I am going back to my organizer.
My Top 5 Reasons to Carry An Organizer
1. Stress Relief: When you write things down you have a better chance at remember your appointments, activities and obligations.
2. Efficiency: You can find everything you need faster and more effectively. I can't tell you how many times I ask someone to Facebook me the details because I won't remember.
3. No Waiting: With an organizer, I don't have to wait to turn on my Blackberry, charge my Blackberry, wait for the little hour glass to spin, and spin and spin.
4. Planning Effectively: Spend 10 minutes every night or morning, writing down the things you want to accomplish for the day. Taking 10 saves an hour of scrambling time.
5. Motivation: Knowing exactly what is expected of you, where you need to be and what your future goals are, enables you to use your time better, less time wasted which means more time to reach higher goals.
However, with all that said, all bets are off!