Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Savings At The Supermarket

Food prices along with everything else are skyrocketing. Recently I watched two episodes of TLC's Extreme Couponing and it is paying off.

My father has been sending weekly coupons that he cuts out of the paper for me for the past 12 years. Usually I went through them and grabbed only what I needed then tossed or gave away the others. I have been doing it all wrong!

Sunday morning I sat down with ShopRite's flyer, a pen, a notebook and some envelopes and started a shopping list using the specials from the flyer.

After heading to the internet I searched out some coupon sites looking for coupons for the specials and then some. I had to sign up to most of the sites which took about 1-3 minutes each.  Once you are logged in, you check off the coupons you want and print. There are some awesome sites out there like coupons.com and smartsource

I found and headed to the printer which had not printed them. Doh! It figures. Back and forth with the printer, and trying to locate the coupons again. Checking off again, but probably not as many as the first time. After 3 times, you kind want to be done!

When they were all printed, I cut them out and sorted them into envelopes labeled with different categories from the store (produce, health and beauty, condiments, etc).

Today, I went in minus the kids, cleaned off my cart with a handi wipe, hooked my SeatPak to the shopping cart, put my envelopes in the front of the cart and headed into the store!

My savings today:
Woot! Sounds like a lot of work? Well, it was but so worth it.

Not bad for my first week. Have you started couponing because of the TLC show? Let me know if your favorite source, I would love more information and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment